Call For Abstracts
The Society has invited suitable applicants to submit research abstracts in the time frame outlined and in association with the guidelines shown.
25 Travel Bursaries for Trainees & Students
There are 25 €250 travel bursaries available to Trainees and Students submitting abstracts for our BIG meeting in Belfast. These bursaries will be available to Trainees who are not in receipt of any support from their institutes. Priority will be given to members of ISG in the Island of Ireland. Any queries please contact email@example.com
The following is the Abstract submission time schedule for BIG Meeting 2017 on the 27th - 28th April.
This is a tight schedule and will have to be adhered to. Authors are requested to submit early.
- January 9th Opening Day for receipt of Abstracts
- February 22nd Closing Date for receipt of Abstracts
BIG Meeting Abstract submissions Guidelines
1. Abstracts must be submitted in the timescale allowed.
- Submission Start Date 9th January 2017
- Closing Date : 22nd Feb 2017 (close of business)
2. All abstracts must be submitted on line using the on line template.
3. The text of an abstract submission must not exceed 250 words (excl. title, authors and institute). References are not allowed.
4. Authors may only include a max of 2 graphs or figures.
5. The title of the abstract should be typed in title case (i.e. the first letter of each word should be capped) there should be no full stops.
6. Max length of an abstract should be one side of an a4 sheet. please use times new roman, font size 12, single spacing.
7. The authors name should only include initials and surname and should be listed under title (e.g. J. Smith)
8. The address should be listed next (Department, Hospital/Institution, Town, County)
9. The following subheadings should be completed
- Introduction/ Aim / Method / Results / Conclusions
10. The decision in relation to the final categorisation (Oral or Poster) rests solely with the reviewing panel.
11. All authors will be informed of the status of their submissions at least 3 weeks prior to the meeting.
12. There will not be a charge for Abstract Submissions. Authors may submit more than one entry.
13. All presenting authors must register for the meeting.
14. All submissions will be acknowledged automatically by the on line system. The receipt reference should be for any query.
There is a sponsored prize fund for the best submissions (Oral & Poster). Authors must be present to accept their award.