About ISG Membership
Here you can find out more about being a member of ISG, including Benefits, Guidelines and information about CPD/CME.
Benefits of Membership
Some of the advantages of being a member of ISG are highlighted below. While these may vary from person to person the greatest benefit should be taking ownership of your own Society.
- Have a voice in policy formation of ISG
- Eligibility to sit on board of directors
- Benefit from reduced registration for biennial conferences
- Eligible for CPD points
- Receive regular emails from ISG on vacant positions and other items of interest.
Guidelines for Membership
The following guidelines apply to all applications for membership. Applicants must be working in the area of gastroenterology or an associated field.
- New members should be established active practitioners, trainees or investigators in the field of gastroenterology.
- On joining applicants will be required to fill out an application form and following acceptance will be obliged to pay an annual subscription as laid down by the board of ISG. Membership may be renewed on line and members may review their membership status by logging on to the ISG website.
CPD & CME
Certificates of Professional Competence are applied for each meeting. RCPI usually allow one CPD point for each full teaching hour.