Call For Abstracts
The Society has invited suitable applicants to submit research abstracts in the time frame outlined and in association with the guidelines shown.
The following is the Abstract submission time schedule for Winter Meeting 2017 on the 23rd – 24th November.
There are 20 Bursaries available to suitable authors please see News section for details.
This is a tight schedule and will have to be adhered to. Authors are requested to submit early.
- July 24th Opening Day for receipt of Abstracts
- September 25th Closing Date for receipt of Abstracts
Winter Meeting Abstract submissions Guidelines
1. Abstracts must be submitted in the timescale allowed.
- Submission Start Date 24th July 2017
- Closing Date : 25th September 2017 (close of business)
2. All abstracts must be submitted on line using the on line template.
3. The text of an abstract submission must not exceed 250 words (excl. title, authors and institute). References are not allowed.
4. Tables, Graphs, Figures or References are not allowed.
5. The title of the abstract should be typed in title case (i.e. the first letter of each word should be capped) there should be no full stops.
6. Max length of an abstract should be one side of an A4 sheet. please use times new roman, font size 12, single spacing.
7. The authors name should only include initials and surname and should be listed under title (e.g. J. Smith). The first named author should be the presenter on the day and the main contact for the submission. Any change to this arrangement should be immediately communicated to the ISG Administrator.
8. The address should be listed next (Department, Hospital/Institution, Town, County)
9. The following subheadings should be completed
- Introduction/ Aim / Method / Results / Conclusions
10. The decision in relation to the final categorisation (Oral or Poster) rests solely with the reviewing panel.
11. All authors will be informed of the status of their submissions at least 3 weeks prior to the meeting. All submissions must have a contact number attached.
12. There will not be a charge for Abstract Submissions. Authors may submit more than one entry.
13. All presenting authors must register for the meeting.
14. All submissions will be acknowledged automatically by the on line system. The receipt reference should be quoted for any query.
There is a sponsored prize fund for the best submissions (Oral & Poster). Authors must be present to accept their award.